BSc. Optometry Technology
Duration :3.6 Years
Course @ a Glance
Optometry is a health care profession which deals with the examination, diagnosis, treatment and management of diseases and disorders of the visual system. It is a vision care science.
One can also define it as the science of eye equipment (including lenses and spectacles) which is imbued with the idea of improving the vision of the human eye and remove all kinds of obstacles of sight which an individual may experience. This is a dynamic and challenging career, which allows one to help people, achieve personal growth, community respect, job flexibility and financial success and offers virtually unlimited opportunities.
The program is envisaged to develop a multipurpose ophthalmic manpower at paramedical level. The training will enable a student to become a competent person in providing service as an Optician, Optometrist, Refractionist and Ophthalmic Assistant to the community in urban, semi-urban and rural settings in private, semi-Governmental and Governmental sectors
For General Category (GC) Candidate
A candidate seeking admission to the Bachelor of Science Degree Courses in the Allied Health Sciences shall have studied English as one of the principal subject during the tenure of the course and for those seeking admission to the Bachelor of Science Degree Courses in the Allied Health Sciences courses from Sl.No. 1 to 6 mentioned above except for B.Sc. Imaging Technology shall have passed.
- 1. Two year Pre-University examination or equivalent as recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences with, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principle subjects of study.
- 2. Pre-Degree course from a recognized University considered as equivalent by RGUHS, (Two years after ten years of schooling) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principal subjects of study.
- 3. Any equivalent examination recognized by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore for the above purpose with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principal subjects of study.
- 4. The vocational higher secondary education course conducted by Vocational Higher Secondary Education, Government of Kerala with five subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in addition to vocational subjects conducted is considered equivalent to plus TWO examinations of Government of Karnataka Pre University Course.
- 5. Candidates with two years diploma from a recognized Government Board in a subject for which the candidate desires to enroll, in the respective Allied Health Sciences course mentioned in Sl. No. 1 to 10 shall have passed plus 12 [10+2] with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, as principal subjects or candidates with 3 years diploma from a recognized Government Board in a subject for which the candidate desires to enroll, in the respective Allied Health Sciences course mentioned in Sl. No. 1 to 10 should have studied Physics, Biology and Chemistry as principal subjects during the tenure of the course.
- 6. Lateral entry to second year for allied health science courses for candidates who have passed diploma program from the Government Boards and recognized by RGUHS, fulfilling the conditions specified above under sl. No. 5 and these students are eligible to take admission on lateral entry system only in the same subject studied at diploma level from the academic year 2008-09 vide RGUHS Notification no. AUTH/AHS/317/2008-09 dated 01.08.2008.