Dip. in Operation Theatre Technology
Course @ a Glance
DIPLOMA IN OPERATION THEATRE TECHNOLOGY
III COTT /II DOTT
(SYLLABUS FOR ANAESTHESIA / OT- TECHNECIAN) PARAMEDICAL COURSE
COURSE CONTENT:(Anaesthesia Technician)
In general, it aims to impart: -
A knowledge of anesthetic drugs and adjuncts.
- Knowledge of cardiovascular, respiratory, neurological, hepatobiliary, renal physiology and endocrine homeostasis and related drugs as relevant to patients undergoing anesthesia. Relevant anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pharmacology and physics.
- A basic idea of the relevant physical principles involved in the construction and functioning of equipment used in anesthesia and monitoring.
- Knowledge to assist in the commonly used techniques in general,
- Regional and local anesthesia, and their applications for routine and emergency anesthesia.
- Relevant knowledge to manage patients in intensive care unit.
- Relevant knowledge of record maintenance.
- Knowledge of cardiopulmonary resuscitation i.e. both BLS & ACLS.