The department of Obstetrics and Gynecology has been providing comprehensive health care for women. We provide regular clinical services in Obstetrics like antenatal care, labor management, postpartum Care. We also provide specialized care in high risk pregnancies like P.I.H, Eclampsia, GDM, Multiple gestations, BOH. With the backup of NICU, we are able to salvage preterm babies of 30 weeks on wards. Highly qualified doctors, with the help of well equipped labor ward, conduct normal and caesarian deliveries. State of the art fetal monitoring and advanced laparoscopic equipment enable the department to undertake treatments of congenital anomalies. The department has also successfully handles cases of preterm babies weighing less than 1000 gms. This Department does regular consulting for cancer screening, family planning and infertility. It is also planning to set up an IVF centre shortly.
Apart from regular clinical services in Gynecology we provide specialized clinics for cancer detection and Management. We have made available to the patients new diagnosis and Therapeutic Techniques. Department has state- of -the- art facilities like ultrasound and Doppler, Antenatal ultrasound for detection and monitoring pregnancy, fetal growth and development. The department also has the facilities to handle high risk pregnancies.
The center also offers advanced diagnostic and operative laparoscopy facilities. We have a colposcopy unit for early detection of cervical cancer and cryocautery unit for management of the cervical erosion.
FacilitiesFollowing medical facilities related to OBG are available from our department:
1) Obstetric Antenatal clinic
- Low risk pregnancy care
- High risk pregnancy care
- Prenatal screening and diagnosis - Triple marker - Genetic Counselling - Level III ultrasound scans
- Antepartum surveillance by USG & NST
- Intensive intrapartum monitoring and one to one care
- Other fetal well being tests
- USG - both TAS & TVS
- USG guided procedure
- Colposcopy and other screening method for Gynec cancer
- Laparoscopy - Diagnostic 85 operative (Hysteroscopy - Diagnostic 8s operative)
- Ovarian cystectomy
- Laproscopic ectopic removal
- Hormone Assay laboratory
- Laparoscopic and hysteroscopy procedure for diagnosis and management of infertility like PCOD drilling, adhesiolysis, Septal resection 85 polypectomy.
- Ovulation induction with USG monitoring IUI
2) Intrapartum care:
4) Endoscope Procedure:
MBBS, MDProfessor & HOD
MBBS, MDProfessor & Unit Chief
MBBS, MDAssociate Professor
MBBS, MS, OBGAssoc. Professor
MBBS, DGO, DNB, MRCOGAssoc. Professor
MBBS, M.SAssociate Professor
MBBS, MD/MSAssociate Professor
MBBS, MD, FMISSr.Resident
M.S (OBG)Senior Resident
- The diagnostic power of cervico-vaginal fluid prolactin in the diagnosis of pre mature ruture of members.
- Management of obstetric perineal tears: do ostetrics and gynaecology residents receive adequate training
- Beta – human chorinic gonadotropin concentrations in cervica-vaginal secretion as an early marker of pre-term delivery
- An assesor blind, parallel, multicentric randomized placebo-controlled study to demonstrate the efficacy and safety of Estradiol 10µg with Vegifem in healthy postmenopausal women with symptoms of vulvar and vaginal atrophy and no contraindications to estrogen therapy
- A study of asymptomatic Bactiruiria in pregnancy
- Use of five risk of malignancy indices in the detection of malignant overian masses
- Use of barbed sutures in laparoscopic myomectomy
- Complications in laparoscopy
- TOT in stress incontinence
- LNG-S use in gyneacological conditions
- Comparision of doppler finding and neonatal outcome in IUGR patient
- A study of maternal & fetal outcome of twin gestation at RRMCH
- A study of ectopic pregnancy in RRMC&H.
- Effects of parity and breast feeding on maternal high blood pressure.
- Progesterone only treatment for outpatient management of DUB
- Sub-clinical hypothyroidism and pregnancy outcome
- Maternal and foetal outcome of dengue fever during pregnancy.
- Outcomes of Pregnancies with sonographically detected nuchal cords remote from delivery
- To evaluate the efficacy and safety of iron sucrose injections in pregnancy complicated by iron deficienty anaemia
List of academic, research, best papers awards received/national/international Fellowship, best papers
- Dr. Nagarathnamma: Fellow of International Medical Scientists’ Association: 2013
- Dr. Rupakala.B M: Fellow of International Medical Scientists’ Association: 2013
- Dr. Nagendra Prasad : Award of Excellance by Shrushti Global Medicare and Research Foundation
- Dr.Nirmala.C: Fellowship in gynaec oncology at Gujarat Cancer and Research Institute
- Dr. Chandana.M.P: Special prize for paper presentation at KSOGA 2009, Bangalore; Paper presentation on One step method for screening and diagnosis of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus.
- Gnanavarsha 2011: Free Paper presentation on Epidermolysis Bullosa- II Prize by Dr. Vishma Shettty
- Gnanavarsha 2012: Young talent Promotion: A Case of Rupture of Bicornuate Uterus -I Prize by Dr. Vishma Shettty
- Dr. Uma Rani: I prize at BSOG Student delegate participation programme for presentation on Role of Heparin in RPL
- Presented a Paper on “WHO 75 gram OGTT as a single step screening and diagnostic test for Gestational Diabetes Mellitus” at the 20th Karnataka South Obstetric and Gynecological Association
- Perspectives and practice of contraception in women
- Role of ultrasonography in diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy with clinical analysis and management in tertiary care hospital
- Placental Blood Drainage in the management of third stage of labour
- Clinoco- sonological estimation of fetal weight in term pregnancies
- Autoimmune thyroid disorders in pregnancy
- Gaint vesical calculus: A case report
- Acquired Lymphangioma Circumscriptum of the Vulva –(case report)
- Comparative study of vaginal misoprostol in induction of labour
- Partograph analysis of spontaneous labour at term in Primi gravida
- Retrospective study of Borderline ovarian tumours
- A study of pelvic and para- aortic lymph node involvement in surgical staged endometrioid carcinoma of endometrium.
- Granulosa cell tumours: a study of 37 cases
- Active management of third stage of labour by intra umbilical oxytocin
Paper Presentation of post graduates
- Dr. Uma Rani. M Rare post parpum complication after mitral valve replacement – A case report.
- Dr. Sirisha. A case report of carcinoma cervix with pelvic tuber culosis.
- Dr. Nagarathnamma.
- Placentalmigration in placenta previa.
- Puerperal psychosis.
- Sutures in gynaecology.
- Progesterone Only Pills as Contraception.
- HIV in pregnancy.
- A Carcinoma Cervix – Awarness programme.
- Menopause Awareness programme.
- Dr. Sailakshmi.
- Hypothyroidism in Pregnancy.
- Gestational Diabetes.
- Dr. Rupakala.
- Fertility conserving surgeries.
- Dr. Nirmala.
- Borderline overian tumours.
- Placental blood drainage in the management of 3rd stage of labour.
- Dr. Rekha.
- A study of pelvic and para aortic lymphadenectomy in surgically staged endometrioid carcinoma of endometrium.
Paper presentation by staff in conferences