The department began its services in the year 2005 as a part of RajaRajeswari Medical College & Hospital, on the outskirts of Bangalore, for villages in and around Kengeri and RajaRajeswari Nagar.
Our Ophthalmology department is registered under District Blindness Control Society and has a successful record of offering the best possible care for our patients. We conduct eye screening camps every month at Mudaliar Sangha, Rajajinagar in Bangalore. We also provide treatment free for patients who can’t afford to pay their daily bills. We provide services to about 100 patients every day.
We have two ophthalmic units which are functioning and provide all necessary care for all ocular disorders. We run specialty clinics twice a week which includes cornea clinic, retina clinic, glaucoma clinic, squint and pediatric ophthalmology clinic. We also provide medical retina services.
We have an operation theater which is well equipped with latest phaco machines and operating microscope. We provide a variety of ocular surgeries including cataract, glaucoma, Keratoplasty, pterygium, squint correction surgeries, pediatric cataract surgeries, DCT and vitreo- retinal surgeries, beside laser treatments.
The department conducts outreach programs and screening camps every now and then, it is also involved in Tele-ophthalmology services. Our Ophthalmology department also has a functioning Eye Bank Facility.
We also take pride in educating and gifting tomorrow’s best ophthalmologists to the country. The department has a grand library with national and international journals on ophthalmology.
Why Choose Us?
We provide best quality care and services to our patients at reasonable and affordable prices. We provide free services to patients and no patient is denied treatment due to lack of money.
The department has 2 ophthalmic units with necessary attachments like Direct, Indirect ophthalmoscopes, retinoscopes, automatic perimeter and tonometer. Department also has gonioscopic lenses to visualize the anterior segment of the eye to diagnose glaucoma’s. The department has an OCT (Optical coherence tomography), fundus camera and a-scan.
M.S OphthalmologyProfessor & HOD
MBBS, MS, MRCAssistant Professor
MS Ophthalmology; Fellowship in Phaco & refracting surgeryAsst. Professor
1) Dr. (Brig) Vijay Kumar Srivastava, Professor and HOD
- Chief of army staff commendation card
- Army commander(CC) commendation card
2) Dr. M. Shivakumar, Professor
- National society for prevention of blindness from 1999-2000
- Fellowship in WHO and Common Health
3) Dr. K.M. Suresh, Associate Professor
- Gold Medalist in “Role of Argon Laser Photocoagulation in Diabetic Retinopathy in 1992
4) Dr. Ganesh Sathyamurthy
- Gold Medal in MS Ophthalmology, RGUHS 2002
- Department of Opthalmology-2015
- Pterygium excision with limal conjuctivalautograft with autologous senum medica Innovotica – Index
- Ocular Thiriasis – Submitted to Journal of Chaksu
- Scedoporium Keratitis Journal of Medica Innovotica – Index
- Unilateral Multiple Irido-Ciliary Cysts Journal Evolution of Medical & Dental Sciences – Index
- outcome of catarast surgery in patient with microconrnea , Microphthalmos & iris coloboma Journal Evolution of Medical & Dental Sciences – Index
- Outcome of Cataract Surgery in a soft eye ball Journal Evolution of medical & Dental Sciences – Index
- Rare Case of Axenfeld. Reifeld. Register's Syndrome Journal of Medica innovotica – Index