YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT -2004 ONLY Orthopaedic department in the Karnataka state to get ICMR project
- Excellent and Dedicated Faculty
- Post-graduate students committed to learning
- State of the art Equipments
- Fully equipped Central Research Laboratory
- Keeping abreast with recent trends and new procedures and implementing the same.
- UG (MBBS) Annual intake-150
- PG (MS- Orthopaedics) Annual intake-02
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery aims to provides a comprehensive and integrated Program for patients, Orthopaedic students, Residents, and Fellows.
Why Choose Us?
The departments of Orthopaedics Surgery provide state of the art treatment in all fields of Orthopaedic surgery including Trauma and Accident surgery, Spine Surgery, joint replacement, Pediatric Orthopaedics and Arthroscopy. The department is headed by Prof. Rajagopalan.N with a spirited communated and team of senior and Associates consultants providing expert surgical care. The department has been recognized for Post- graduate training in MS Orthopaedics by MCI. Being a busy clinical department, the department is also striving to achieve academic excellence in the field of Orthopaedics.VISION
- To develop a comprehensive and integrated program for patients.
- Excellence in patients care, Excellence in research.
- Excellence in Education. Provide good health care service.
- Is the overall goal of department of orthopedics RRMCH.
- Stabilization of long bone fractures
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Joint Replacement Surgery
- Correction of Spinal Deformities
- Stabilization of Spinal Injuries
- Reconstructive surgeries of Limb Deformities
- Ilizarov Ring Fixation
- Correction of Paediatric deformities
- Resection of Bone tumors
- Spine Clinic
- Arthritis Clinic
- Micro surgery
- Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery
ORTHOPAEDICS OPD 5 rooms for examination of patients: Dressing room, Plaster cutting room, Seminar room, Minot OT, Seminar hall with LCD projector, Computers.
DETAILS OF BED STRENGTHS OPERATION THEATER Bed strength: Male-60, Female-30, Causality-5, OT one table on five days a week, Recovery Room-3, ICU-3.
OUT REACH SERVICES Every month - camps in neighboring villages. Regular mega camps with free medicine and surgery.
MBBS, MS, FASMProfessor & HOD
MBBS, MS OrthoProfessor
BSc, MBBS, D.Ortho, MS (Ortho)Professor
MBBS, MS (Orthopedics)Associate.Professor
MBBS, MS (Orthopedics)Assoc.Professor
MBBS, MS (Orthopedics), DNB (Orthopedics)Associate Professor
MBBS, MS (Ortho), DNB (Ortho), AFSA (France), PG DHHM.Associate Professor
MBBS, MS OrthoAssistant Professor
MBBS, D Ortho, DNB OrthoAsst. Professor
MBBS, MS (Orthopedics)Asst.Professor
MBBS, MS (Orthopedics)Asst.Professor
MBBS, MS, DNB, Fellowship in Trauma & Joint replacementAsst. Professor
MS OrthopedicsAsst. Professor
MBBS, D OrthoSr. Resident
MBBS, D’Ortho, DNB OrthoSr.Resident
MBBS, MS OrthopedicsSr.Resident
MBBS, MSSr. Resident
- Serum Alkaline Phosphate levels in fracture healing – A prospective study
- Incidence of articular hyper mobility syndrome in patients attending orthopedic outpatient at RRMCH
- A clinical and radiological study of shoulder joint and acromioclavicular joint in malunited fractures of clavicle – A retrospective study
- Incidence of Anterior Knee pain in patients with diaphyseal fractures of the tibia, treated with Interlocking Nailing – a retrospective study
- Incidence of Low n Students in a single no Backache in-medical institution
- A comparative study of spinal surgery under spinal anesthesia vs. general anesthesia -a retrospective study
- Incidence of Low Backache in Medical Students in a single medical institution
- Dr. Rajagopalan.N, Professor and HOD was awarded Life Time Achievement Award in Orthopedics, by Calicut Orthopedic Society.
- Dr. Rajagopalan.N, Professor and HOD was awarded the NAILSCON 2012 Excellency Award by Udaipur Orthopedic Society.
- Dr. Rajagopalan.N, Professor and HOD is a Visiting Professor, St. John’s Research Institute, Bangalore and Visiting Professor, Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai, INDIA.
- Dr. Rajagopalan.N, Professor and HOD is President, Computer Assisted Orthopedic Surgery- India
- Dr. Rajagopalan.N, Professor and HOD, delivered prestigious Prof. Sudhakar Shetty Memorial Oration in the Annual Conference of Orthopaedic Association of South Indian States at Pondicherry on August 25, 2013.
- Dr.Shivakumar Kerakkanavar, Senior Resident - Doctor Ratna award Pune
- Four sessions at KOACON 2012, KOACON 2013, NAILSCON 2012, POACON 2012 & IOACON 2012 (National Scientific Sessions)
- Classification and staging of bone tumors- Article
- Oncology Session – Giant cell Tumor Management- Article
- Primary Arthroplastyin Troch fracture- Article
- Spine Session- Degenartive Spondylolisthesis- Article
- Meta Analysis of DHS Vs PFN in Proximal Femur Fractures – Article
- Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis- Article
- Nailing in Trochanteric Fractures- Article
- Biomaterials and Design considerations in Locking Nail- Journal of Karnataka Orthopaedic Association
- Biomaterials and Design considerations in Locking Nail- The Kerala Orthopaedic Journal
- Department of Orthopedics-2015
- Session on External Fixation at Delhi, during Asia Pacific Orthopedic Association Annual Conference (International Scientific Sessions)
- The floating knee- epidemiology, prognostic indicators & outcome following surgical management
- Impact of associated injuries in the Floating knee: A retrospective study, BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders
- The use of qualitative cultures for detecting infection in open tibial fractures
- Thiocolchicoside in the treatment of Acute low back pain
PG. Curriculum - M.S. Orthopaedics The infrastructure and faculty will be as per MCI Guidelines The goal of MS course in Orthopaedics is to produce a competent orthopaedic surgeon who is:
- Aware of the current concepts in quality care in Orthopaedics and musculoskeletal trauma and also of diagnosis, therapeutic, medical and surgical management of orthopaedic problems.
- Able to offer initial primary management of acute orthopaedic and trauma emergencies.
- Aware of the limitations and refer readily to major centers for more qualified care of cases which warrant such referral.
- Aware of research methodology and be able to conduct research and publish the work done.
- Able to effectively communicate with patients, their family members, people and professional colleagues.
- Able to exercise empathy and a caring attitude and maintain high ethical standards.
- Able to continue taking keen interest in continuing education irrespective of whether he / she is in teaching institution or in clinical practice.
- Dynamic, available at all times and proactive in the management of trauma victims and orthopaedic emergencies.