Department of Paediatrics headed by Dr. Adarsh. E, has been a platform for medical professionals and is been establishing as a center of excellence by training students with a sense of social commitment, ethical values and high standards, through continual improvement of medical services. The department favors a conducive environment for learning by providing excellent care for neonates and children. Our tertiary care center provides optimal care for all cases encompassing all the specialties of pediatrics. The residents are trained to be compassionate and are exposed to clinical details including the latest development in pediatric field.
Why Choose Us?
- Ours is a well equipped department with skilled teaching staff and state of the art ICU care.
- Various cases including rare and complicated cases are being handled.
- Sophisticated ventilators, warmers and infusion pumps are used.
- Procedures are performed with precise care under experienced hands.
- Teaching programs are meticulously conducted.
- Oral re-hydration center
- Child guidance and Child psychology
- Pediatric neurology
- Pediatric cardiology
- Pediatric nephrology
- Pediatric pulmonology
- Pediatric hematology
- Well baby clinic
- High risk clinic
- ROP clinic
- Adolescent clinic
MBBS, MD,DCH [PEDIATRICS]Professor & HOD
MD [PEDIATRICS]Asst. Professor
MBBS, MD PediatricsAsst. Professor
- Case report on osteopetrosis
- A study of nutritional risk factors and plasma zinc level in children with Acute Lower Respiratory Tract infections
- Clinicohaematological profile of nutritional anemia among adolescents in a tertiary care centre
- Study of Vitamin D status in children with severe pneumonia and mormal children 1-5yrs
- Vitamin D status in obese adolescents
- Study of Vitamin D status in term newborn infants
- Clinico-etiological profile of thrombocytopenia
- Clinical and echocardiographical profile of congenital heart disease in infants
- Study of efficiency and safety of Dengue vaccine
- Comparitive study of efficacy and safety of pentavalent vaccine and tritantax + Hiberax
- Sucrose as an analgesic in new born
- Double blind study comparing Ringer lactate and normal saline in management of Dengue shock syndrome
- Role of Serum electrolytes, Magnesium, Zinc estimation in the management of Febrile convulsions
- Study of correlation between transcutaneous bilrubinometry and serum bilirubin measurements in term neonates
- Study to assess the Immunogenicity and tolerability of Pentavalent DTWP, Hepatitis B and HIB Vaccine in infants.
- Comparison of growth of infants who are on supplementary feeds / mixed feeds with infants who are on probiotics- complementary formula in India
- Distinguished accomplishments
- Dr. Adarsh E, Prof & HOD, Ped.- Senate and syndicate member RGUHS 2003-2006. During this period he has inspected several medical colleges, nursing colleges, pharmacy colleges, Ayurvedic medical colleges and Physiotherapy colleges. Given permission by new colleges.
- Dr. Adarsh E, Prof & HOD, Ped. –IGNIO teacher (Open University) and examiner for this university to various states.
- Dr. Adarsh E, Prof & HOD, Ped. - PG & UG examiner for Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamilnadu and Andhra Pradesh states, University of Health sciences at 1996.
- Department of pediatrics is an active AFP surveillance unit in Bangalore under the guidance of National committee for polio eradication programme by WHO.
- Recently WHO team organised a AFP surveillance awareness programme in RRMCH and appreciated the efforts and the work being done here in the department.
- Dr. Adarsh E , Prof & HOD, Ped - I Have been conducted several live programmes in MTV, Seven TV (local channel), TV9, and chandana regarding child health
- Dr. Y. Sreekrishna is regular UG examiner for RGUHS, Bangalore and NTRHU, Vijayawada, AP.
- Dr. Prema,Prof. - Executive committee member IAP BPS 2012 & 2013, Secretary IAP- Adolescent academy Bangalore branch 2013-2014.
- Quiz- UG, PG quiz conducted every year, college level, regional level, zonal level, south zone and national level.
- Debate- Regularly debates are conducted for UG & PG students, topics like breast feeding, adolescent girls etc.
- Essay writing- Newer vaccines in pediatrics, UIP in developing countries etc.
- Field visits- department will visit anganwadi for assessment of vaccination and nutrition status of the children, school visits done regulary and health camps conducted in rural areas in and around RRMCH.
- South zone TOT workshop on adolescent office practice
- Breast feeding awareness programs and workshop.
- Resuscitation of the new born for interns, pgs and staff nurse.
- PEMS course and workshop at IMSA conference.
- ABLS in collaboration with anesthesia department.
- Fetal echocardiography: A study of clinical outcome- Journal of evolution of medical and dental sciences
- Sirenomelia: the mermaid baby – A rare case report
- Case of Osteogenesis Imperfecta with severe disability- Journal of evolution of medical and dental sciences
- Malignant infantile osteopetrosis – a rare cause of anemia with Leucoerythroblastic blood picture
- Axenfeldrieger syndrome: A rare case report of two siblings
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia: Presentation in a male infant- A case report
- Spectrum of BCG lymphadenitis : A case series
- Clinico-microbiological profile of UTI in children less than 10 yrs in department of pediatrics in tertiary care centre
- Nicu Outcome In A Low Resource Teaching Hospital Setting – Journal of evolution of medical and dental sciences
- A Study To Assess Knowledge, Attitude And Practice Of Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting Among Physicians In a Tertiary Care Hospital
- A Study Of Correlation And Agreement Between Transcutaneous Bilirubinometry And Serum Bilirubin In Term Neonates With Clinical Jaundice
- Pneumomediastinum And Subcutaneous Emphysema In A Neonate: A Rare Case Report
- Patent Urachus In A Neonate Presenting With Severe Umbilical Bleeding: A Case Report
- Post gluteal injection foot drop: Tibialis posterior transfer- International journal of neurology and neurosurgery
- Knowledge and attitude of high school students regarding human immunodeficiency syndrome and sexually transmitted diseases
- Neonatal risk factors and retinopathy of prematurity among preterm infants
- Prenatal risk factors and retinopathy of prematurity among preterm infants- International journal of Medical and applied sciences
- Antenatal diagnosis of congenital heart diseases: A review of fetal outcome- International journal of medical and applied sciences
- A study of blood pressure to height ratio and its anthropometric correlates of obesity in adolescents- International journal of medical and applied sciences
- Value of transcutaneous bilirubinometry in neonatal hyperbilirubinemia- International journal of medical and applied sciences
- Sickle cell morbidity profile in omani children
- Neonatalalloimmune Thrombocytopenia presenting as Intracerebral Bleeding- International journal of Medical and applied sciences
- Oesophageal achalasia in an infant-A rare case report- Scholars journal of medical case reports
- EpidermolysisBullosa in new born-A case report
- A phase III single arm , multicenter, open – label study to assess the immunogenicity and tolerability of a pentavalentDTwP-HepB-Hib vaccine in Indian infants
- Patent urachus in a neonate presenting with severe umbilical bleeding
- Comparison of growth of Infants who are on supplementary feeds / mixed feeds with infants who are on probiotics- complementary formula in India
- Sickle cell disease profile in Omani children
- Quvaccine – pentavaccine potency and tolerability of this vaccine in infants.
- Certificate courses- Proposed
- PALS AND NALS
- NALS is conducted once in 6 months through the interns and fresh PG’s
- GCPI - One interaction of students with subject counterpart in community-details
- Modern teaching methods practiced and use of ICT in teaching – learning
- Lecture method,- Diagnostic lectures by using PPT presentation, all terms of MBBS will be taught.
- List of PPT
- Practical teaching - case presentations, bedside teaching, ward rounds, grand rounds, handling ventilator, bone marrow aspirations biopsy etc.
- Knowledge of doctors regarding ADR reporting at RRMCH
- Knowledge regarding BCG vaccine in mothers visiting well baby clinic
- Knowledge regarding optional vaccines in mothers visiting well baby clinic
- PFT value estimation in children 7-15 years in schools
- Field visits- Department will visit anganwadi for assessment of vaccination and nutrition status of the children.
List of Case Based Learning:
- Approach to childhood anemia’s
- Approach to UTI
- Approach to fever with rash
- Approach to PUO
- List of Audio and Video CDs,Enclosed
- Education teaching about asthma to parents
- Educating children about usage of nebulisation aids
- Breathe free clinic
- Management of nutrition in low birth babies
- Aseptic precautions in ICU
- Feeding techniques in babies in NICU
- Self-directed learning.
- Regular assignments has been given to UG / PG students.
- PG log book- Contains journal club feedbacks from the faculty, case presentation feedback from faculty, seminar feedback from the faculty, quarterly assessment of dissertation work up and practical theory evaluation done to the PG students will be there. Assessment of Procedures done by PG will be monitored CPC done by PG will be entered in the log book, CME’s attended by PG’s.
- Feed backs collected after teaching programs, area for improvement identified.