The department of Psychiatry at Rajarajeswari Medical College and Hospital strives to achieve and follow “A healthy mind in a healthy body”. Our dedicated team of psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers address the biological, psychological and social aspects of mental health of the patients. The department has a holistic approach and is also undergoing training for both undergraduates and postgraduates. Our priority lies in patient care, education and research.
Why Choose Us?
Choose us for the quality education offered by highly qualified an experienced teaching faculty. Also get trained in current trends in cognitive behavior therapies. Enjoy the friendly encouraging interactions in the department.
Specialized services provided are de-addiction service, medico legal/Psychological assessments, child and adolescent psychiatry, geriatric psychiatry. We participate in community programs. Emergency psychiatric cares is available. Neurology and internal medicine exposure for post graduates available. Other facilities available are pharmacotherapy, ECT –pulse wave, Behavior therapy, Cognitive therapy, Family therapy and Group therapy.
MBBS, MD,DPM, DNBProfessor & HOD
MBBS, DPM, DNBProfessor
MBBS, MDAssociate Professor
MBBS, DPMSr. Resident
MBBS, DPMSr. Resident
Prevalence of antenatal depression in a tertiary care hospital
Anxiety and depressive disorders in tension type head ache
Depression – is there a “bio - marker”. Estimation of homocysteine, folate & vitamin b12 levels in depression”.
DR. SUDHIR HEBBAR Dr. Dhruvakumar Award instituted by Indian Psychiatric Society, Karnataka Branch for work on psychotherapy during 2013-2014.
DR. SHARANBASVARAJ Got 2nd Place in Poster Presentation at South Zone “IPSCON 2014” Conference held at Bangalore.
- Tar dive oculogyric crises occurring in late evening
- Pellagra presenting with reversible occipital encephalopathy
- Evidence based medicine: Fact or Fiction
- A case report of clozapine induced neutropenia and re-challenge
- Rapid, illegible handwriting as a symptom of obsessive – compulsive disorder
- Olanzapine Induced Tardive Oculogyric Crises
- Bupropion-Warfarin Combination: A Serious Complication
- Prolonged, Self-Administration of Ultra-High Doses of Quetiapine
- A Case Report of Blonanserin Induced Hyponatremia
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Revisited – Review Article
- A Case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Presenting as Eve-Teasing
- Fluoxetine-induced neutropenia
- Cognitive therapy of panic disorders with agoraphobia: Patient treated by a Psychiatrist
- Cognitive therapy of avoidant Personality Disorder
- Cognitive therapy of OCD
- Article in News paper about Mental Health
- Psychiatric co-morbidity and gender differences among suicide attempters in Bangalore, India
- Impact of age and gender on, the coping styles and psychiatric morbidity faced by informal primary caregivers of HIV/AIDS individuals living in India.
- Department of Psychiatry-2015
- Armodafinil induced mania in schizophrenia
- Evaluation & comparison of lung function parameters during pregnancy
- Case Report: Late onset OCD, presenting as Genital self mutilation
- Olfactory delusional syndrome
- Sapophagia (Compulsive Soap Eating) and Attention- Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in a Child Responsive to Clonidine
- Obesity, diabetes and hypertension associated with antipsychotic use in remitted schizophrenia
- Case report/letter to editor-Amisulpride in the treatment of somatoform disorders.