A health education program was conducted to observe “World Breast feeding Week” at Chunchanakuppe RHTC on 3rd August 2022. The topic for health education was “Step Up for Breast feeding: Educate and Support” which is the theme for this year also. Beneficiaries included antenatal and postnatal mothers residing in Chunchanakuppe. The program was conducted by Dept.of Community Medicine in association with Dept. of Pediatrics, RRMCH. The event was organized by Dr. Vidusha K (Associate Professor, Dept. of Community Medicine), Dr. Naveen Kumar P (Assistant Professor, Dept. of Community Medicine), Dr. Manasa A R (Assistant Professor cum I/C, Chunchanakuppe, Dept. of Community Medicine), Mrs. Annapurna (MSW, Dept. of Community Medicine) and Chunchanakuppe staff.
• The Programme started at 11:00 am with lamp lighting ceremony.
• A total of 52 beneficiaries participated.
• Dr Shashikala M (Professor and HOD, Dept of Community Medicine) gave the welcome address.
• The programme was presided over by Dr. Adarsh (Professor & HOD, Dept of Paediatrics), Dr. A C Shyam(Professor, Dept of Community Medicine), Dr. Sahana (Professor, Dept of Paediatrics) and Dr. Vidusha K (Associate Professor, Dept. of Community Medicine).
• Health education on importance and benefits of breastfeeding was explained by third year BSc.nursing students with the help of posters. Explanation of techniques of breastfeeding,clarification of all the myths on Breastfeeding and the importance of feeding during Covid and taking vaccination was done by DHI students.
• The Health Education session concluded successfully by 1pm followed by refreshments.
• Covid appropriate behavior was followed.
Refreshments and transport arrangement were made by RajaRajeswari Medical College and Hospital.