The Department of General Surgery, RRMCH participated in the State level Association of Surgeons of India Annual conference – 2019 at Ballari between 15/02/2019 to 17/02/2019 at VIMS campus. Large number of post graduates and faculty members participated as registered delegates.
One faculty member and thirteen postgraduates presented posters and papers at the conference. The following were the prize winners.
1. Dr. Amit K Jain – Associate Professor – 1st prize in free papers
2nd prize in free papers
2. Dr. Greeshma- 3rd prize in Mysore special papers competition
3. Dr. Sneha Hemachandran – 2nd prize in free papers
4. Dr. Syed Faizan – 2nd prize in free papers
5. Dr. Sneha Hemachandran 2nd prize in posters
6. Dr. Sheena Wadhwa – 2nd prize in posters
7. Dr. Sheethal – 2nd prize in posters
8. Dr. Naveen – 2nd prize in posters
Dr. Uday Muddhebihal, Professor delivered Dr. SS Narasangi Oration on “Making of a surgeon – Journey through the ages”
Dr. KS Hanumanthaiah was elected State Chapter EC member.