World Anesthesia Day
Department of Anesthesia celebrated “World Anesthesia Day” on Saturday, 28th Oct 2017 at Kadamba Auditorium.
The programs is as follows:
- Guest lecture
- “Indian Raga” Fusion dance by Dept of Anesthesia
- Humorous Skit by Department of Anesthesia
- Sports and Movies quiz for all departments
- “walk from the past” Theme Retro famous personalities/ actors/ actresses
- Cake cutting and refreshments
- Vote of thanks
The program started with invocation by Dr. Rashmi and Ms. Soumya jois.
Dr. Sahajananda welcomed the gathering. He also introduce the guest speaker of the day Dr. Suresh , Sr. Transplant surgeon, BGS global Hospital, Bangalore.
Dr. Suresh Delivered a Lecture on Pancreatic transplantation an Overview. He mentioned the types of pancreatic transplantation and advantages of multi-organ transplantation. He also mentioned about the benefits and drawbacks of Islet cell transplantation.
Dr. Rangalakshmi spoke on “Anesthesia – then and now”. She spoke about the recent advances in anesthesiology.
Lectures were followed by host of culture activities:
1. Movie and sports quiz for all.
2. Walk from the past: theme; Retro actors.
3. Bharathnatyam dance Indian Raga by Faculty Dr. Soumya MJ and Priyadarshini Arvind
4. Humorous skit by Anesthesia Residents
Meeting concluded with Vote of Thanks and National Anthem.