A school Health checkup was organised by Department of Community Medicine, in Baldwin girls high school ,Bangalore, from the 12th November to the 6th December , under the coordination of Dr A C Shyam, Professor; Dr K Vidusha, Assistant Professor; Dr Krithika T T Post Graduate 1st year along with the medical interns; dental interns; and paramedical staff.
• The checkup started at 8.30am and extended till 3.00 pm.
• Total of 5300 students were examined.
• There was a general health checkup of students from nursery to 10th standard along with the dental checkup.
• Screening of Refractive errors was done and students with vision problems were referred.
• There was an interaction session about general health queries.
• Health education on menstrual hygiene, personal hygiene, life style disorders were given
• The health care checkup concluded successfully.