Department of Radio-Diagnosis has organised a CME program on ‘Roentgen Day‘.
Date : 17th Nov 2019, Sunday
Time : 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Venue : Kadamba Hall -College Auditorium
Commemorating the invention of X-ray, the Department of Radio-Diagnosis, RajaRajeswari Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore in association with Karnataka State Chapter, IRIA organized Roentgen Day Celebration in as CME on 17th November, 2019 in presence of our esteemed Chief Guest Padmashree Malathi Krishnamurthy Holla, a renowned international Para-athlete and Arjuna Awardee.
Various dynamic radiologists gave guest lectures on the musculoskeletal system as our topic was MARS – Musculoskeletal Associated Radio-imaging in sports.
The events were as follows:
• MRI – normal anatomy of shoulder – Dr. Gautam M.
• Shoulder impingement syndrome – Dr. Roshan Shetty.
• Overuse injuries of hip – Dr. Anand H K
• Inaugural ceremony
– Lightening of the lamp with invocation.
– Welcome address by Dr. Ravi Prasad Javaji, Organizing Chairman.
– Address by the Chief Guest.
– Vote of thanks by Dr. Pravin G U, Organizing Secretary.
• Ankle sprain & over use – Dr. Balakrishna Shetty.
• Elbow injuries in sports – Dr. Anil Kumar Shukla.
• Quiz preliminary round – Dr. Sudhir Kale.
• Shoulder workshop – Dr. Varaprasad Vemuri.
• Radiological sins related to sports – Dr. Pravin G U.
• Quiz final round ¬– Dr. Sudhir Kale.
A badminton tournament for radiologist was organized on 10th November with winners as follows:
• Men’s doubles
1st – Dr. Nikhil N and Dr. Anand H K
2nd – Dr. Nagesh and Dr. Sanjeev
3rd – Dr. Gautam M. and Dr. A. Srikar Chowdhary
• Women’s singles
1st – Dr. B. Nidhi Raj
2nd – Dr. Nidhi Chandrakar
An inter-collegiate quiz competition was also organized in which a total of 15 teams participated in the preliminary round and 5 teams reached final. The winners of the quiz competition are as follows:
1st – Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore, Karnataka.
2nd – Stanley Medical College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
3rd – Mogammbika Medical College, Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu.