World Aids Day is celebrated on December 1st worldwide. A day of utmost importance with India being one of the leading capital for HIV.
The prime risk in AIDS is not knowing the status of the infection. Thus knowing the risk and the cause of the infection is an important factor. World Aids Day is an important day which reminds the public of the danger of the infection.
ICTC presents nationwide compels for consent included TRIDOT Test which requires a single drop of blood for the detection of the infection.
World Aids Day was celebrated on December 11th 2018 by the department of Community Medicine of RRMCH with awareness walk based on the theme “KNOW YOUR STATUS”. The awareness walk was conducted from Channasandra UHTC, RMAMH, with banners upholding the theme, “STOP AIDS/HIV- KNOW YOUR STATUS “, started at 10:00AM Till 11:30AM.
Around 160 people of all branches of Medical profession were present at the awareness walk. This included:
• Dr. Shashikala (HOD of Community Medicine Dept.)
• Dr. Shyam A.C (Professor and Physical Director)
• Dr. Swapna (Professor of Community Dept.)
• Dr. Roopakala (Professor of OBG Dept.)
• Dr. Padma (Medical Officer at UHTC Channasandra)
• Post graduates of Community Medicine Dept.
• Interns of Community Medicine Dept.
• Allied Health Science Students
• Health Inspectors and
• Social Workers
The response by the general public was satisfactory. The walk concluded at the UHTC, Channasandra, followed by refreshments.